The Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC), Institute of Business Management, aims to be one of the leading centres providing skills, confidence and values to its students thereby enabling them to become successful professionals through an effective and innovative setup of Quality Enhancement Mechanism.
The mission of QEC is to create a learning environment where faculty and students are motivated to make learning an on-going life-long process. It also prepares students of IoBM to excel academically as well as in management skills, leading-edge research, development of innovative ideas, leadership skills and implementation of quality benchmark through proformas, adoption of updated curriculae and management skills.
- QEC is headed by a Director reporting to the Rector.
- The purpose of QEC is to implement the guidelines provided by the HEC.
- QEC is responsible for developing policies and procedures by utilizing the services in assessment of institutional performance evaluation on regular basis.
- QEC is responsible for setting up Standard Application and Products (SAP) university alliance linkages with an Australian University and it is among the few institutions in the world which is providing SAP training to its students in the area of Supply Chain, Human Capital Management, Finance and Accounting, etc.
- QEC monitors plagiarism policy provided by HEC and serves as a focal point for the implementation of HEC quality criteria. All research papers and assignments are checked by software on plagiarism and reported to HEC on regular basis.
- IoBM, in coordination with QEC, was able to get accreditation by NBEAC for its BBA and MBA programs, accreditation by Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) for its BS-Industrial Engineering and Electrical Engineering programs, accreditation by (NCEAC) for its BS Computer Science.
- QEC is also conducting workshops in areas of quality and preparation of Self Assessment Reports
- QEC is also responsible for faculty monitoring and evaluation and feedbacks from students and employers. Quality Assurance of Masters, MPhil and PhD degree programs.
Moin Uddin Ali Khan, Head of QEC, IoBM attended and participated in a APQN 2017, conference on “NEW HORIZONS: DISSOLVING BOUNDARIES FOR A QUALITY REGION” hosted by the National Centre for Public Accreditation (NCPA) in... Read More
Mr. Moin Uddin Ali Khan, Head of QEC, IoBM attended and participated in a training on Quality Assurance & Governance funded by the Tertiary Education Support Program (TESP) of HEC. The training was... Read More
Mr. Moin Uddin Ali Khan, Head of QEC, IoBM attended a seminar on “Awareness Seminar on ISO 9001-2015 & Process Improvement for Quality Assurance” organized by QEC-IBA Karachi on February 21, 2017. Read More
Video-conferencing A workshop on “Using Quality Function Deployment in Curriculum Development: Survey of Best Practices” was organized by the IoBM’s Quality Enhancement Cell (QEC) via video conferencing at the Entrepreneurship and Management Excellence... Read More
Dawood University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi (DUET), Vice Chancellor nominated Mr. Moin Uddin Ali, Head QEC as an expert member on the Board of Studies of the Department of Metallurgy & Materials... Read More
Dear Professors and Lecturers, The 21st SAP Academic Conference EMEA is held on Monday, September 5 – Friday, September 9, 2016 in Potsdam, Germany. The conference co-hosted by the SAP Innovation Center Potsdam, the Hasso-Plattner-Institute, and the University... Read More
Conference on “ Higher Education Science and Technology” organized by the Standing Committee Higher Education, Science and Technology at the federation house, Clifton Karachi on May 30, 2016. Prof. Dr. Akhlaq Ahmed, Director... Read More